Tango & I went on our first "mini trail ride" today with his fellow OTTB buddy Trance & my friend Amber. We went around in open fields and near creeks/corn fields/down the road, etc.He was absolutely excellent. He did so well up and down hills. Was lacking confidence a little at first but he settled right in. Just wonderful. We went under a bridge (the lady's driveway goes under an overpass with just grassy land on it). Even with the louder echos of their hooves/us talking they did fine. Until Trance was in the lead and we went under it on the way back and OMFGZZ BIRDZZ flew up. Both did a little in place jump in the air and a snort, lol. Pretty funny.

He was just amazing. There was a point when we were behind Trance and a car was coming towards us and behind us simulataneously. He handled that BEAUTIFULLY. Even if the car that came up behind us was going moderately fast =\. I guess though, being stabled at a track he would have faced all kinds of vehicles around him, so that wasn't *too* awfully surprising.I just adore this horse. I am so very lucky to have him. :]
If it is nice we plan to ride again tomorrow. :]]
Plus, what better way to spend Valentine's day? Hah. Get to split my time evenly between my boys. Haha.

Hope everyone had a good Valentine's day!
-Kristin


Trance (Left) & Tango (Right)
No comments:
Post a Comment