Yeah, so it's been more than a month, lol.
Sorry :(
Not much HAS happened though. I have ridden like 4 times since the last post. And nothing really new and exciting occured. Plus, the weather around here is still sketchy. Blankets being put on and taken off seemingly every other day.
I did ride Tango today in the ring with 4 other horses, which has happened before. Well, there are old crispy corn stalks tied as decorations in each corner of the ring. It was a rather windy nice day today. Well, after two very minor spooks at the corn...the third time was the charm. However, poor Marley (a girl who is maybe 13), and her little pony Silver were following my horse at the time of said third spook. Here's the catch, she was doing balance exercises, hands/arms out ... not holding on. Well let me tell you... Tango saw/heard the stalks rustling and I knew only 2 seconds before the spook that it was about to happen when he LAUNCHED like 25 ft to the right and continued to buck/bolt/shy for a minute. This startled Silver, causing him to mini buck and send Marley right down on her back. Needless to say I felt horrible. I, however, was SHOCKED I didn't end up on the ground right next to her, lol. Crazy stuff. Oh well. Marley's grandma was there and thank goodness she likes me lol. Everyone was okay but man. Tango is not a horse to be followed. lol
I am going back to ride my spring fever filled beast again tomorrow lol. I shall update.
I think Spring has sprung though!! They all feel good again.
-Kristin
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment