Friday, February 6, 2009

Most Certainly A Gentleman...

Well Wednesday we didn't ride...as the temperature here topped out at about 5 degress. Yes, farenheit. Lol.
Regardless, I spoke to our farrier, had him look at Tango and tell me what he thinks. I was considering shoes to promote growth as he has feet that seem a bit too cut back from the last idiot who trimmed him.
We put plain steel shoes up front. There were about 5 horses done before him. 3 front shoes, a couple trims then Tango last. All needed some sort of tranquilizer (ugh). Until my horse, who stood like a PERFECT gentleman. Hah, Ray kept saying he was so great to shoe and his back was hurting because he was being so still.
I'm sorry, but after assisting a farrier myself for 2-3 yrs, one of my biggest pet peeves is when a horse is bad to work on. Hence why mine isn't lol.
Going back home for the weekend. Updates to come Monday night, hopefully we'll ride. lol

-Kristin

1 comment:

  1. The Equus Ink blog has moved! I'd love to have you join us at our new location!

    The blog offers some new features, such as a discussion board, open to the public and it does not require you to set up an account.

    Please update your link/bookmark to the following; http://www.inkeq.com
    (Must have the www in the address)

    ReplyDelete